You could use the following method to send SAS Requests out…send an individual
email to an individual person on the list with “SAS – their name” in the
subject line. This is what I do MOST
times. I have found that if you send an
email to a direct SAS’er with their name in the subject 9 times out of 10 they
will READ IT. Not everyone will read the
Bulk emails due to work load or not being able to help at that specific time or
in most cases they assume someone else on the list will ‘pick up’ the request
before they will be able to get to it so many of the bulk emails do get
disregarded.
I, personally, try and only
send a Bulk SAS Request if I need a super-fast turn around, need something VERY
specific and don’t know where to turn, or as a last result. I have also found that most Bulk SAS requests
are usually ‘picked up’ by the same group of voices or what I often refer to as
the “standby’s” of the group. So if you
are looking for different voices try sending the script to a few select people
directly as mentioned above. Please be
courteous and careful with replying and/or replying all to a message to keep
down the daily average of bulk emails in everyone’s inboxes.
No comments:
Post a Comment